One of my favorite salads to eat at Lebanese and Middle Eastern restaurants — tabbouleh. It’s super fresh, light, healthy, and goes well with garlic dip and bread! 😛
This kind of came together as a “kitchen sink” dish because I had a bunch of ingredients laying around:
– Parsley bought a few days prior, with the intent of making this — but never got around to it.
– Bounty of homegrown tomatoes in my fridge — a good excuse to use up 8 smaller ones.
– Green onions left over from something!
– One lemon leftover after squeezing a couple for my lemon waters throughout the day.
1 bunch of parsley, rough chopped
8 small tomatoes, quartered
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 bunch of green onion stems (white parts only)
1/3 lemon, juiced
1/4 C olive oil
s&p to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, & salt and pepper.
- Fold in parsley, tomatoes, garlic cloves, and green onions and adjust seasonings as needed. Refrigerate or serve immediately.