Meatloaf. Part of my OCD last night.This was my attempt to use up the rest of my homemade ketchup/bbq sauce and see how it turned out. Haven’t eaten it yet though; reserving for a future dinner. For now, they’re all individually wrapped and portioned in the freezer. 🙂 Recipe below.
Yields 4, 12-oz loaves.
1# ground veal
1# ground pork
1# ground beef
2 C breadcrumbs
1 C diced onions
1 C diced celery
2 T dried thyme
1 T italian seasoning
1 T fine sea salt
6 turns of black pepper
8 minced garlic cloves
⅔ C nonfat milk
Dash of Cholula sauce
1 t red pepper flakes
⅛ C worcestershire
Homemade BBQ/Ketchup sauce (as needed to spread on loaves)
- Combine meats, salt, and black pepper
- Saute onion, celery, seasonings, garlic, and salt.
- Combine milk, eggs, worcestershire in a separate bowl.
- Once sauteed veg is cool, add to liquid with breadcrumbs (looks like stuffing)
- Combine “stuffing” with meat and form into 4 individual loaves.
- Spread bbq/ketchup glaze on top and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes. With 15 minutes left, put more glaze on top.