Sometimes you just want something simple. The first time I had this was when my former coworker introduced this to me at her housewarming party. Both her and her husband are from Barcelona and this is a staple meal/snack for them.
While the ingredients are simple, the prep work and cooking takes a bit of time.
1# russet potato / 1 large
- Peel and slice potatoes on a mandolin. Drain water. Salt generously.
- Slice onions and cook until translucent or browned (depending on your preference).
- Beat 6 eggs and a tablespoon of water together. Salt & pepper.
- Cook potatoes in a skillet with a cover (steam).
- Combine onions and potatoes then add to egg mixture.
- Make sure pan is hot when adding egg. Reduce heat to low and cover for 8 minutes.
- Put plate on top of pan and flip over. Slide back into pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes with cover. Serve hot or at room temperature.