Another simple recipe, so long as you have the ingredients. Butter chicken freezes well too. Still playing with the amounts of spices but below is a rough recipe:
Butter Chicken/Chicken Makhani
¼ C Garam masala
¼ C Almonds, ground (for thickener)
½ C Cashews, ground (for thickener)
½ T Butter
1 T Yogurt
1 Can Tomatoes, diced
1 Can Tomato sauce
1-2 Chicken breasts, cooked, and diced
1-2 C Chicken stock
- Toast nuts. Add diced tomatoes and saute.
- Add tomato sauce and any liquid/chicken stock.
- Pour into Vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Return to stove, add chicken and all spices until desired flavor and comes to a boil.
- Finish off with 1 ½ T of butter and 1 T yogurt.