I’ve been trying to make better-than-box brownies from scratch because of all the preservatives and crap ingredients in packaged goods. This is a rich recipe, but so worth it!
Dark Chocolate Brownies
½ C / 8T unsalted butter
1 C white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ C unsweetened cocoa powder
½ C apf
1/2 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp baking powder
3 oz dark chocolate shavings (60%) or 3oz of guittard semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter over a double boiler. Remove from double boiler once melted, add sugar, eggs (one at a time), then vanilla extract. Whisk until incorporated.
- Combine salt, baking powder, cocoa, and apf in a separate mixing bowl.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet and pour into cupcake silicone.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely, then pop out of silicone.