Yields 2.5 servings
8 oz linguine pasta
6 oz scallops, rinsed, dried, salted
1 T unsalted butter (basting scallops)
2 T compound butter (parsley + sage)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 T shallots
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
½ T red chili flakes
½ C white wine
1 lemon, juice & zest
2 oz peas
2 oz capers
½ C pasta water
1 T basil parmesan olive oil
5 parsley leaves, minced
.10 oz crab
8 oz asparagus, trimmed, peeled, and biased cut
1. Cook pasta al dente and reserve pasta water.
2. Heat cast iron skillet on high with canola oil until smoking.
3. Sear scallops on each side for 2 ½ – 3 minute.
4. Add unsalted butter and baste on the last side.
5. Remove scallops and place on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
6. Add compound butter to hot skillet with garlic, shallots, garlic powder, onion powder, red chili flakes, s&p.
7. Add white wine to scrape up the fond and reduce by half.
8. Add lemon juice, zest, peas, capers and pasta water.
9. Return pasta to the white wine sauce for quick reheat.
10. Transfer to stainless steel bowl and toss to incorporate. Drizzle with basil parmesan olive oil.
11. Plate linguine and scallops. Garnish with crab and minced parsley.