1 diced onion
3 roasted garlic cloves
4 T butter
1 tsp K Salt
¼ tsp Black pepper
1 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 T flour
1 C milk
1 C heavy whipping cream
3 slices cooked, crumbled bacon or ham cubes
3/4 C Parmesan cheese
1 C gruyere
1 T garlic pepperjack cheese
¾ box of penne rigate
8 oz/1 block sharp white cheddar, shredded
8 oz/1 block sharp orange cheddar, sliced
1 C panko and homemade breadcrumbs
1. Boil penne rigate pasta, and shock in an ice bath.
2. Saute onion, garlic, jalapeno, and butter in a saucepan then stir in flour to make rue.
3. Mix in all other sauce ingredients and simmer until bubbly.
4. Coat cooked pasta with sauce and pour into casserole dish.
5. Layer shredded sharp white cheddar over pasta then add slices of sharp orange cheddar on top to cover completely. Top with breadcrumbs.
6. Bake 425 for 25 min then broil for 2 min to get crispy.